









ok I have A LOT to update about!!! Here we go....first off I want to say that last night we all went to the mall to watch a movie and there were none in english so we decided to try to watch one in spanish!!! So we watched Santa Claus 3 and I understood it!!! My first movie in spanish!!! wooo hoooo!!!!
Well I guess I should start with Thanksgiving....Pastor Blake's Family, The Santistevans and our family went to this really nice 5 star hotel and had a nice Thanksgiving dinner. The food was a little strange because we could barely pronounce the names in spanish let alone english...but all in all we had a good day! It's kind of hard being in a different country during a holiday. I'm very thankful that i'll be able to come home for Christmas!
Last Sunday we went to Limon, a provinince here in Costa Rica, and watched Caleb's Taekwondo tournament. We had a lot of fun! It was a 3 hour drive but it was worth it! We also got to see the beach! We'll be going to the beach in January when me and Raychel get back from the states!
On Tuesday we decorated the tree for Christmas!!! YIIIPPEEE! It was lots of fun! The boys went out and got the tree (a fake one) and the girls started making the ornaments and decorations!!! We had a lot of fun making them! We also made brownies...YUUMMM!! In Costa Rica there are a lot of Catholics and they buy these nativity scenes and on December 24 they put baby Jesus in the manger. Then on January 6th they have a party celebrating the three wise men's arrival. So DeAnza decided to pick up this tradition....LOL....so on January 6th we are going to have a party for the three wise men and for us coming home since that's the day we get back!!! Gloria thinks it's the funniest thing that Dee wants to celebrate a Catholic tradition...lol....Don't worry now, we're not converting to Catholics...lol
Also, We had Carson's Birthday this last week!! 2 years old!!! It was a lot of fun. We had a family from the school come over and Gloria and Carlos. He loved unwrapping the gifts and eating the yummy blue frosted cake!!! :) Then it was Gloria's birthday last week (her REAL birthday this time..lol) So we went over to their house and celebrated with her and some of her family. We've taught them how to play uno and sorry. Our favorite so far has been uno!! It's very fun!
Well that's about it so next time i'll try not to make it such a long time in between posts.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT holiday season so far!!! Can't wait to back for Christmas!!! Love You All!
5 comments:
hello. everyone sounds great. happy bday carson. glad your celebration was nice. we had to let you know our float wone best overall!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was beautiful. such a great job! it was really super! we are very excited. love you all. np
oh it(parade) was really really cold! but fun and i really do know how to spell won!np
Hiya Tub! So you guys decorated?!?! Thats exciting! I just decorated to the other day too! It was lots of fun! I LOVE CHRISTMAS! Ahhh! Haha well now that you've updated...i'm forced to update now! Blast! jk :) tell Carson happy late b-day for us!!!! And the pic of you and Raychel is beautiful!!! I love it, you guys are so gorgeous! I love all the pics! I miss ya! and love you! Can't wait to see you in 13 days! Ttyl
Hey Jess,
Those are some great pix, you all look like you are having a blast. Well you are coming home soon, can't wait to see you.
hello.just wanted to say it was nice seeing you. and thanks for stopping over to our humble home and hanging out with us! enjoy your last few months there and we will be watching for updates! and pictures. tell everyone hello! love and God bless. ninipac
Post a Comment